World Kidney Day continues to raise awareness of the increasing burden of kidney diseases worldwide, as well as strive for kidney health for everyone, everywhere. This year, the campaign highlights the importance of preventive interventions to avert the onset and progression of kidney disease.
Here are 9 golden rules to follow in order to reduce the risk of contracting chronic kidney disease:
- Keep fit and stay active through frequent exercise
- Eat a healthy diet
- Check and control your blood sugar
- Check and control your blood pressure
- Ensure you consume adequate fluids daily
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid taking over-the-counter, anti-inflammatory/pain killer pills, regularly
- Get your kidney function checked if you have one of the high risk factors, which include; diabetes, obesity and hypertension
- Call a licensed doctor on Tremendoc if you have any concerns related to your kidney.
Click here, to download the Tremendoc app and gain free access to healthcare for your first 30 days