We are exposed to toxins every day from the food we eat, the air we breathe and the environment. It is impossible to avoid exposure to toxins but the body has developed ingenious and sophisticated methods of removing toxins, before they can damage cells.
Overtime, toxins accumulate in the body, leaving you feeling lethargic and not up to par. Toxins contribute to ill health by interfering with cellular functioning. After a short detox, many people feel rejuvenated and clear headed. Detoxing re-evaluates one’s eating habits and may serve as a great mental cleanse providing a quiet environment to reflect on your goals and priorities.
The liver is the body’s best friend when it comes to detoxification. It’s an incredible organ, performing many functions such as helping digestion and storing energy, but the liver is best known for its role in detoxification, in which it is assisted by the kidney, digestive system and the skin. In today’s world where we are faced with a lot of toxins, it’s easy for the liver to become overloaded and less efficient at expelling toxins, so it may need a helping hand from time to time. It also takes in everything we are exposed to in our environment, good or bad. These include the toxins in the food we eat, the chemicals found in our skincare products, as well as those found in our furniture and in our clothing. After taking them in, the liver transforms them into less potent molecules which the body is able to use for nutrition, cellular health and regeneration or they are being excreted.
- You Feel Better; after detox, one wakes up feeling vital, vibrant, alive, joyful and full of energy. Even if you are fine but have symptoms of being toxic like fatigue, brain fog, achiness, digestive issues, allergies and headaches, the detox can help heal you quickly.
- Better Immune System
- Nicer Breath
- Clearer Skin
- Shinier Hair
- Slowed Signs of Ageing; Growing older is a beautiful thing, but we don’t always want the outward signs of ageing that comes with it. Detoxing helps one slow down the visible signs of ageing by reducing toxins that contribute to skin damage.
- Better Sex Life
Ways to Detoxify
- Alcohol Intake; Excessive drinking can severely damage the liver function by causing fat buildup, inflammation and scarring. When this happens, the liver cannot function adequately and perform its necessary task, including filtering waste and other toxins from the body.
- Sleep; ensuring adequate and quality sleep each night is a must to support one’s body health and natural detoxification system. Sleeping allows the brain to reorganize and recharge itself, as well as remove toxic waste byproducts that have accumulated throughout the day.
- Drink More Water; Water does so much than quench your thirst. It regulates the body temperature, lubricates joints, aids digestion and nutrient absorption and detoxifies the body by removing waste products.
- Reduce intake of sugary and processed foods
- Eat Antioxidant-Rich Foods such as Broccoli, Spinach, Carrots.
- Eat Foods High in Prebiotics
- Decrease Your Salt Intake
- Regular Exercise
- Choose Natural skin care products.
One can enhance the body’s natural detoxification system and improve overall health by staying hydrated, consuming less salt, getting active and following an antioxidant-rich diet.